Florida Keys Fly Fishing Locations
I have a wide range when fly fishing the Florida Keys. My home base is the Big Pine Key area in the Lower Keys. I launch my skiff depending on the season and fish we are targeting from Islamorada all the way to Key West. I fish an area all the way from Cape Sable in Everglades National Park to the Marquesas Keys 25 miles West of Key West. If you are staying in a particular area I can arrange to fish near you if transportation or time is an issue. If you are traveling to fly fish the Florida Keys I recommend you stay between Marathon (Mile Marker 50) and Key West (Mile Marker 0). I do my best to help with lodging so feel free to ask.
Florida Keys Fly Fishing Rates 2017-2018
Half Day Fly Fishing In The Florida Keys (4hrs) 425.00
3/4 Day Fly Fishing In the Florida Keys (6hrs) 525.00
Full Day Fly Fishing In The Florida Keys (8hrs) 650.00
Night Fly Fishing For Tarpon (4hrs) 475.00
Full Day Fly Fishing The Marquesas 675.00
Full Day Everglades National Park 700.00
*** 3 Day Fly Fishing The Florida Keys Special*** 1650.00
This package offers a significant discount for those who want to fish multiple days. I always suggest multiple days if at all possible due to changing weather and tides. This offers you the best chance to pursue multiple species as well. I also offer special rates for 5 and 7 day trips.
These rates are based on 1-2 Anglers Maximum. All equipment, flies and licenses are covered. Please bring a lunch or snacks, and any soft drinks or beer you might drink. I will have a cooler with ice and bottled water. Gratuity while not expected is much appreciated. A 150.00 Deposit per day is due when you book your trip. If you cancel within 30 days of your trip I will do my best to rebook it and refund your deposit. If not deposits can be applied to any future booking within a year.
What To Bring On Your Fly Fishing Trip To The Keys?
1. Polarized sunglasses. When you are fly fishing in the Florida Keys good polarized sunglasses are the most important thing you can bring with you. Sight fishing on the flats good optics are critical. If you wear prescription glasses I suggest prescription sunglasses if possible.
2. Comfortable Clothes. It gets hot on the flats down here, and cool, comfortable clothing is a must. Try to avoid cotton if possible. Breathable, quick drying fabrics are best.
3. Rain Jacket. Yes folks it rains sometimes even in paradise.
4. Headwear. A good fishing hat with a dark underbrim will help you see the fish on your fly fishing trip to the Florida Keys. It might even be a good luck charm.
5. Rods and Reels. You can bring your own if you have them. Practice as much as possible before your trip. Don’t feel like you have to run out and buy a 1000.00 12 weight for the trip though, you are welcome to use my gear.
Other stuff may include sunscreen, cameras, prescription medications and your lawyer’s business card if you party too hard on Duval Street in Key West.
DO NOT BRING BANANAS!